Friday, March 18, 2011

You'll Never Walk Alone

How long have you known your oldest friend??  

I have 2 friends I've had since within the first 6 months of our lives.  Our mothers were friends - along with several other couples - in a small group at church.  After I moved at age 6, we kept up with weekend visits, birthday parties and then in middle school began our annual summer Leadership Camp week at ACU!  Every summer we grew closer, living in those dorm rooms for a whole week.  And then, freshman year we lived across the hall from each other a whole year!  Our friendships have grown and stretched over the years as our lives have taken different paths through weddings, children, moves far away, and just life in general.  But there's something about old friends...and I trust these friends with my life. 

What an absolute joy to spend the day with them this week!  Through laughter and tears, I know with these friends, I'll "never walk alone."



The Three Muskateers :)  Kristen, Sarah, Mollie


The next generation of childhood friends - Mollie's Mattie & Kristen's Blaine - 5 months apart!




P.S. Back to Broadway - this post title is from Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Carousel".  A somewhat sad musical, this song is amazing and I have been known to sing it in times of trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet friend. Thank you for such a loving tribute! Love you, Sharah Sawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that I got to meet Kristen. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!