Saturday, June 18, 2011

We are the Champions

So I watched the Tony awards instead of the game last Sunday night, but I can be a Mavs fan, too!
Thanks to my friend Jenni (and her work's season tickets) I got to see a game live in the Conference Finals against the Thunder.  Unfortunately, it was one of the games they lost, but like so many of their games, it was fierce until the very end.  Exciting to be in a room where all are wearing the same shirt (except a few brave OK fans) and chanting the same words.  I would probably never pay for those tickets...but I can appreciate the excitement and the fun when the opportunity is given to me!  Thanks, Jenni :)

Congratulations to the Champion Dallas Mavericks!





p.s. Post title from the Queen song sung (albeit badly) by the team at the end of the victory parade in Dallas this week :)

p.p.s I gave the free shirt to my Dad a couple days later when I saw him and he was able to wear it each time he watched a game from his own home :)  I'm sure there were many fans with just such superstitions - I never said I understood the passion....just appreciated the joy!

2 comments:

  1. it sure was fun! we'll have to go to more games next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun! Adrian was watching here in CO! I can still remember when I was in college and the Houston Rockets won the championship. It was really exciting. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!