Sunday, August 21, 2011

O dear Christian college we love you...

...our dear alma mater today.

I escaped after my summer school final for a few days last week for one last get-away before I report back to work tomorrow for the fall semester.  Had a lovely time hanging out and eating sushi with my favorite brother, sister-in-law and nephew!

He actually prefers the potstickers and plain rice and a unique technique with the chopsticks!

The grown-up's beautiful food!

Future drummer??
Then I headed out to Abilene where I got to have lunch with my Aunt Sheila on her birthday at the delightful Hickory Street Cafe and hang out with my Me-Ma for a couple days.

On Saturday before I left, I drove around my college campus to witness the annual freshmen-moving-into-the dorm day and live in a bit of nostalgia, reminiscing how 17 years ago that was me (17 years!?!?!)  I got to chat with my friend Mollie on my way out of town and we agreed that day was the beginning of a wonderful time of our lives.  I am so thankful for my 4 years at ACU - starting friendships, building my faith, growing in  confidence, leadership, humility and knowledge.  Here are a few pictures I snapped on my way out of town.

Yea for Gardner Hall!


My room was the 3rd floor - all the way on the end (right!) 
The campus now boasts buildings with old memories for me and new places for new memories!
Whenever I drive in to town and see the tower of light, I sing the school song :)  Jacob's ladder is such a great new addition to campus. 

Signage pointing to other new & old sites on campus

Including the new Royce & Pam Money Fitness & Recreation Center - Excited to go back when it's open (in a couple weeks)  It's huge!  In this picture, this side of the new building faces the Student Center.

And last, but not least - one of my favorite all time pictures - the day I moved into Gardner Hall as a freshman - right across the hallway from my life-long friends Kristen & Mollie.  Such a sweet moment to capture with our families!

 Blessings to the new crop of ACU Wildcats!  May the memories they're making today last a lifetime.

And now - on to a new school year for me, too.

p.s. Post title is the first line of the ACU School Song. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!