Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I know you all care what I did for my birthday....so here it is! Yea for iphones that let you capture the (sometimes) mundane acts of your life that come together to make a great day! 

Awesome breakfast tacos at this new place in Richardson
(after a stop at my first estate sale to pick up something for Jenni)

Yea for a jewelry place that color codes the sections for shopping idiots like myself :)



If every store in the world closed except this one, I'd be ok :)


iphone accessories!!

I miss this in my little town...it's the simple things that make me happy!


Time for dinner!  At the Ft. Worth location of Tillman's Roadhouse.

A "welcoming" door to a Southern comfort food kind of restaurant!

I just loved this chair!!
My Two Dearest Friends, Jenni & Katie, who share my birthday "week"!
Always happy to celebrate with them!


Popcorn while you wait...and a cool bird just for fun (?)

I promise you this tasted amazing, even though it looks weird. 
Pumpkin seed encrusted salmon over root vegetable succatash.
Literally melted in my mouth.


Katie brought us the candles and our accomodating waiter helped us out with the
lighting atop the marshmallows for our s'mores tableside!  YUMMY!! 

And yes, you still got to "roast" your marshmallows
(they were flavored maple, peppermint or blackberry!)


Each of us brought a list of the Top 12 events of our year....which made 3 dozen total - how old we are now :)
More on these lists later!
(by the way, Jenni's list is on her phone, mine is in pencil on ACU paper and Katie's is on colored notecards.)

We ended the night watching this fun movie: cute boys and lots of laughs!
All in all it was a most lovely Birthday, sprinkled throughout with Facebook well wishes from people throughout my life and the world and phone calls from dear friends and family.

One girl really shouldn't be this lucky!
On to another year!


p.s. Well, it's a song, right?? :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so much fun to finally read! Can't believe it took me so long to do it! Flavored marshmallows??!! Greatness! Your dinner sounds super yummy except I would have substituted some kind of meat for salmon. I miss half price books so much and even left a message on their website asking them to open a store here. :) I agree about Chickfila too. We have it but it's hard to eat there with a dairy allergy so we rarely do anymore. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!