Friday, February 4, 2011

He washed it white as snow

I woke up at 3:37am this morning and my first thought was - did it snow?  The trip to my window was worth it as the world outside was covered in beautiful, untouched white.  After sleeping more, I've been enjoying sitting by the window and watching the white (I'm one of those cranky people who thinks that the cold and wet you get from playing...isn't outweighed by the playing!  Maybe if there were children involved...)

While Broadway songs are prominent in my musical head, they are often trumped (thankfully) by the sweet words of hymns and songs of praise.  Today I can't get this one out of my head.  I'm OK with that.  The pictures can't quite capture the "whiteness" of it - but my view and my heart are soaking it in.

"I hear the Savior say, 'Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all.' 

Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He WASHED IT WHITE AS SNOW."
- Elvina M. Hall (1865)

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;" - Isaiah 1:18






p.s. New rule - Song lyrics of any kind :)

2 comments:

  1. love your new rule....I tromped outside for a bit just now to gather snow to make some ice cream, make a quick snow angel and take some photos....now I'm in to take a shower and warm up, then veg with movies the rest of the day. it certainly wasn't as fun to be outside alone as it would have been to be outside with friends (or children - oh that I were in Abilene to play outside with Emily!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just now commenting on this but this is a beautiful post! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!