Saturday, May 5, 2012

Real Nice Clambake

Well, it wasn't a clambake - because I'm not in Yankee land.

But it was a Crawfish Boil - hosted by true Lousiana Cajuns - displaced into a horse ranch in East Texas!...so basically the same :) The lyrics of the song still hold true:

"This was a real nice [crawfish boil],
We're mighty glad we came.
The vittles we et
Were good, you bet,
The company was the same.
Our hearts are warm, our bellies are full,
And we are feeling prime.
This was a real nice [crawfish boil],
And we all had a real good time."
Just couldn't resist capturing my first drive through this metropolis....what do they call the people from this town? :)

Just in case you weren't sure which state I'm in - check out those hats....

What are they looking at?????

CRAWFISH!!!!!!!!   Still kickin' at this point...

Sorry I didn't get a better pic of my hostess and her son - Lisa & Garrett (She teaches with me). 
Check out Garrett's tribute to LSU.  But he assured me he has a UT poster in his room and is a Rangers fan.

Lisa's cute nephew Kyle was quick to show me the crawfish and the shrimp - the Moment I arrived!

I'm sorry.  I know they're God's creation.  But they're ugly!

Dave was our....Boil-master???  And served HUGE handfuls of everything!

My "plate" (box top) of food.  And yes, I did yank a few of those heads off.  But no sucking.

Job well done, Dave. 

Lisa & Dave have horses in the front yard and hay in the back, and it was a lovely night to be outside.

And a "supermoon" to drive home with after leaving this shindig.


Thanks to Lisa & Dave for introducing me to another tradition (even had zydeco music playing!)  They were also the ones who talked me through my first rodeo last February!

"This was a real nice [crawfish boil],
And we all had a real good time."

p.s. The post title is a song from "Carousel" - obviously set somewhere in Yankee land :)

1 comment:

  1. proud of you for being adventurous! looks like it was fun!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!