Sunday, May 6, 2012

Spring, Spring, Spring

My favorite part of a Texas spring is the bluebonnets!!  Texas Monthly actually published a set of photos this year of photographers trying to do something unique with a picture of bluebonnets (and somewhat insulting Texans who stop on the side of the highway and take pictures....)  But whatever, it's a Texan thing to do!  And when my good friend Tifani - who hails from Oregon and had never been to Texas - came for a short visit....well, it was my duty to introduce her to a true Texan tradition.  Enjoy the pics.  The best ones are from her - but even I got some good ones, because the flowers were just so dang beautiful!!!

These were taken along HWY 175 between Dallas and Athens on March 23 - with my iphone!






Let's not foret the Indian Paintbrushes either!


(Tifani's - I think I'm going to frame these!)


Add caption

Loved sharing my great state with great friends like Tifani, Rob & Tyler.
  (And yes, we even got to take Tyler...to Tyler.)


p.s. Post title is a song from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"

1 comment:

  1. Love these pics. And yay for spending time with Tiff! You look great, Sarah. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!