Saturday, September 11, 2010

Everything's coming up Roses






















Well, this title just wrote itself as I sat looking at the beautiful Tyler roses my mom brought me when we met for dinner Thursday night.  Two nice things about my new life location: 
           1)  45 minutes gets me half way home so I can occasionally meet my parents just for dinner! 
           2) That half way place is the self-proclaimed "America's Rose Capital"

They come in an amazing variety of colors, but the best part is...you can buy 1 dozen for $2.50!!!  (Of course, they were $1/dozen growing up, stupid inflation.)  My mother has trained me well, get them home and cut the stems diagonally and put a little sprite or just plain sugar into the water.  They start as small buds and the next day they're huge blooms.  I'm not always one for fresh flowers - too much money for too little time to enjoy.  But these are a deal - and a joy!

p.s. Post title from Gypsy (based on the memoirs of a real-life Gypsy Rose Lee.  Ok, she was a strip-tease dancer, but made a powerful musical, if a little depressing.)

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! Believe it or not, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Tyler rose in person. This glimpse of your new apt. is fun. It looks nice. Can we see the whole thing? Kelly

    p.s. I have not seen Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!